VIDEO: Blackburn, Hyde-Smith, Britt Expose Harsh Reality Of Biden’s Border Crisis
January 17, 2023
NASHVILLE, TENN. – U.S. Senator Marsha Blackburn (R-Tenn.), along with Senators Cindy Hyde-Smith (R-Miss.) and Katie Britt (R-Ala.), released a mini-documentary to highlight what they encountered during their visit to the southern border last week.
The video exposes the harsh reality of Biden’s border crisis, capturing the moment the Senators witnessed nearly two-dozen illegal immigrants —including a pregnant woman and small children — wade across the near-freezing water and illegally enter the United States. It also recounts heartbreaking stories from human trafficking survivors like Karla Jacinto Romero, who was exploited by the cartels for sex and labor and raped more than 40,000 times.
Click here or above to watch the video.
Partial Transcript Below:
Senator Britt On Human Trafficking At The Border
“We have also heard from victims of human trafficking, and let me tell you, those stories are gut-wrenching. As [Karla Jacinto Romero] talked about being abused from the time she was 5 years old, to actually being trafficked between the ages of 12 to 16, you can’t help as a mom but think about your own children. If we, as leaders of the greatest nation in the world, are not fighting to protect the most vulnerable, we are not doing our job,” said Senator Britt.
Senator Hyde-Smith On Biden’s Lack Of Action That Led To A Crisis
“It is just unbelievable that this Biden administration is not doing any more than they're doing to pass policies that would stop this. Two years have gone by and how many hundreds of thousands [have crossed] that we don't know who they are, we don't know where they are, and we certainly don't know what they're up to. That is what's causing all these fentanyl deaths, and we have to start doing something about it,” said Senator Hyde-Smith.
Senator Blackburn On Biden’s Open-Border Invitation To Cartels And Illegal Immigrants
“This is what President Biden and Vice President Harris need to hear, to see that there are children’s clothes in all of that debris. This is happening because the cartels are emboldened. They do not fear the Biden White House. They feel like, as the illegal immigrants have said, ‘the border is open so we can come,’” said Senator Blackburn.
- Blackburn’s visit to the southern border followed reports that U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) plans to release an unspecified number of single adult migrants into Tennessee.
- 2022 saw countless incidents of drug seizures across the Volunteer State, including 44 pounds of fentanyl and cocaine in Decatur County and over 30 pounds of methamphetamine at the Nashville airport.
- The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) recently reported that they seized 7 million deadly doses of fentanyl in Tennessee in 2022.
- In 2021, 80% of overdose deaths in Tennessee involved synthetic opioids like fentanyl.
- Blackburn, Hyde-Smith, Britt Announce Visit To Southern Border
- Blackburn, Hyde-Smith, Britt Arrive in Del Rio Sector of U.S.-Mexico Border
- Blackburn, Hyde-Smith, Britt Witness Human Smuggling at Southern Border