Marsha Blackburn is leading the fight to protect life.
U.S. Senator Marsha Blackburn champions the belief that life is precious at all stages and has a strong track record of protecting unborn children.
Not one penny of federal taxpayer money should fund Big Abortion’s mission to kill unborn children.
- After she was sworn into the Senate, the first piece of legislation Senator Blackburn introduced sought to close the federal funding loophole that allowed Big Abortion providers like Planned Parenthood to receive family planning grants. Shortly after introducing her legislation, President Trump issued new regulations disqualifying family planning clinics with co-located abortion services from participating in the Title X program.
- Blackburn supported legislation banning taxpayer funding for abortions as well as legislation prohibiting the authorization of federal funding for abortions via COVID-19 relief spending.
- Blackburn called on the Department of Justice to investigate Planned Parenthood over allegations the organization fraudulently applied for and received loans from the Paycheck Protection Program.
- Once President Biden took office, Senate Democrats blocked Blackburn’s bill to prohibit federal family planning grants from being awarded to any entity that performs abortions.
The American people deserve to know if their hard-earned dollars are being funneled to Big Abortion groups like Planned Parenthood.
- Senator Blackburn led 144 of her Congressional colleagues in requesting the Government Accountability Office produce a report detailing all federal funding for Planned Parenthood and its Big Abortion affiliates.
Planned Parenthood must be held accountable for their unethical and despicable behavior.
- As Chairman of the Select Investigative Panel on Infant Lives, Senator Blackburn’s work led to 15 criminal referrals related to late-term abortionists, abortion clinics, and tissue procurement businesses.
- Blackburn has consistently supported legislation to defund Planned Parenthood.
Women deserve the right to know the consequences of having an abortion.
- Senator Blackburn introduced the Woman’s Right to Know Act to protect the health of pregnant women and unborn children by providing adequate medical information for informed consent before abortions.
Adult men should not be allowed to traffic young girls across state lines for abortions.
Doctors should inform women when an unborn child is capable of feeling pain, and unaccompanied minors should not be able to obtain an abortion.
Every child that survives a botched abortion deserves access to the highest degree of medical attention possible. Violent criminals must be held accountable when they senselessly injure or murder an unborn child.
All children are precious and should be protected.
- Senator Blackburn supported legislation to prohibit discrimination-by-abortion against unborn children with Down syndrome as well as legislation preventing abortion on the basis of sex.
Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization represents a historic victory for the sanctity of life and for the millions of people who have worked diligently over the last 5 decades to foster a culture of life in the United States.
- Senator Blackburn signed onto a brief in support of the Mississippi law prohibiting elective abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
- Blackburn also led 209 Members of Congress in filing an amicus brief to stand up for Louisiana’s pro-life law before the U.S. Supreme Court that would require all abortion providers to have admitting privileges at local hospitals when emergencies arise.